In addition to the many health promoting effects throughout the body that acupuncture provides, Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture aims to correct the signs of aging by both local treatment and by treating the underlying causes of why an individual is specifically manifesting the aging process the way they are. Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture is painless and non-surgical. Based on the principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine, the treatment involves inserting hair-thin needles into particular areas of the face, ears, hands, stomach, chest, and legs along channels or meridians of energy called “qi”. Specific points are chosen to manipulate the movement of energy in the body according to the individual’s needs. Thousands of years ago the Chinese discovered that many meridians either begin or end on the face while some have internal branches that go to the face. Thus, practitioners of Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture know how to specifically effect the face while simultaneously treating the underlying factors contributing to the aging process.
Though Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture is sometimes referred to as the acupuncture facelift, it is more than a cosmetic procedure. It is a rejuvenation and revitalization process designed to help the whole body look and feel younger.
Benefits of facial rejuvenation acupuncture include:
- Improved muscle tone and dermal contraction
- Increased collagen production
- Helps to eliminate and reduce bags under the eyes, and decreases the tendency toward sagging and jowls
- Helps to eliminate fine lines of the face and has a diminishing effect on larger wrinkles
- Improves hormonal balance; thus, even those with hormonal acne can benefit
- Moisturizes the skin by the increased local circulation of blood and lymph to the face
- Reduces or eliminates double chins
- Tightens the pores
- Helps to lift drooping eyelids
- Reduces stress evident in the face
- Promotes overall health and well being
- Slows the aging process from within
Anyone who is interested in looking and feeling younger is a good candidate for Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture. The decision to begin treatment may be professionally or personally inspired or a combination of both. In addition, those who are considering surgical facelift may want to try acupuncture first, avoiding the cost and discomfort or surgery. Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture is particularly beneficial for those who have already undergone surgical facelift as acupuncture will promote healthier skin and prolong the effects of the surgical facelift. Acupuncture Facial Rejuvenation treats the blood stasis, scarring and potential numbness and pain of surgical facelifts.
For more information about facial acupuncture, please contact Seattle Acupuncture Center or call 206-319-5322.